IS YOUR ORGANIZATION PAYING TOO MUCH FOR INTERNET SERVICES?
If your organization is not taking advantage of the Universal Services Fund subsidy, monthly bills could be in HALF for internet and related services*.
To be eligible, organizations must be public or non-profit health care providers in any setting (rural or urban), including:
- Post-secondary educational institutions offering health care instruction
- Local health departments or agencies
- Community mental health centers
- Rural Health Clinics or mobile clinics
YOUR ORGANIZATION DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A KHCN MEMBER TO JOIN THE CONSORTIUM!
- There are no upfront costs and minimal paperwork to participate.
- The organization chooses whether to select a new vendor or keep the current service provider.
- The services are flexible – add sites, change bandwidth, and/or move sites as needed.
The subsidy is available by joining the Kentucky Telehealth Consortium, a partnership between the Kentucky Health Center Network and Health Connect Networks/Connections Telehealth Consortium.
To learn more, email the Kentucky Health Center Network at email@example.com or by phone (859-274-7115).
* Eligible expenses for the subsidy include broadband connectivity for private network connections, internet connections, edge network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls), network operation centers, and installation and monthly recurring costs for health care, data center, and administrative sites, and primary and backup circuits.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY PARTICIPATING, BE SURE THE SUBSIDY IS MAXIMIZED – THE RULES CHANGED IN 2014!